There are tons of great things to do at Luther Point year-round! Look below for all of your exciting options:
- Rec Room: The Game Room is located in the basement of the Chapel.
- Carpetball (a camp favorite!)
- The Jamball Field: Great for large group games!
- Ultimate Frisbee
- Ultimate Football
- A soccer field that’s great for other large group games!
- Ultimate Frisbee
- 9-hole Frisbee Golf Course
- Nine or Four Square Court
- Gaga Ball
- Swing set near the Dining Hall
- Play set for young children near Retreat Center
- Explore Outpost (40 wooded acres with a nature path, platform tenting, and a meadow with native prairie grass)
- Boating: There are two pontoons, a number of Paddle Boats, and a number of Canoes available during the Spring, Summer, and Fall for our guests. These can be used only while wearing a properly fitting life jacket and depending on the weather. There are life jackets for adults and youth. Please bring your own life jackets for small children as we only have a few.
- Swimming Beach: From Labor Day to Memorial Day the swimming beach (with shallow and deep ends) is open for Retreaters and Campers depending on weather. No swimming unless a lifeguard is present. Sundays the beach is closed.
- Fishing: If you have a valid WI Fishing License you are free to fish on Big Wood Lake. You’re welcome to take out one of our pontoons, paddle boats, or canoes. Otherwise, you are welcome to bring your own boat which can be docked near the family cabins.
- Low Ropes Challenge Course: In our Outpost area across County Rd M there is a low ropes team building challenge course. Weather-depending, a camp staff can lead your group through the elements. This course is designed for youth to adults and has over 10 elements. There are also a few elements through out the main camp as well.
- Broomball: You can play broomball on the frozen lake behind the Retreat Center.
- Snow Tubing: With enough snow, there is a great sledding hill located behind the office. It is even lit for night-time sledding!
- Ice Fishing: If you have your Wisconsin fishing license, the ice fishing is great on Big Wood Lake.
See what the Community has to offer.
We are located about 9 miles from Grantsburg, 12 miles from Siren, and 13 miles from Frederic. There are a number of activities in the area from gift shops to cross country skiing. Click on the underlined towns for more information.