Mon.-Fri., January 6-10, 2014 – Starts at 9 am Monday morning
Register by Mon., Dec 31, 2013.
Click here to register online.
Fulfills Wisconsin Administrative Code
Certify your year-round staff during the “slower” season!
Limited to the first 15 people!
Join other camp professionals in LPBC’s deluxe Retreat Center in a beautiful camp setting. Have fun, network, and get prepared as a First Responder for your camp!
- You will receive:
- Training in what to do when someone gets hurt or gets sick at camp.
- Lots of practice for Emergency Situations and what to do.
- Ideas for your camp’s medic.
- Textbooks and other materials.
- Certification as an Emergency Responder and in Wilderness First Aid.
- Lots of good food.
- A comfortable place to sleep.
- Lots of FUN and Networking!
- What to bring:
- -Blood Pressure cuff if you or your camp have one
-Stethoscope if you or your camp have one
-Casual clothes that are easy to move in and warm clothing for outside work
-Notebook or paper to take notes
-We train long hours so be prepared and try to come non-sleep deprived (If there is such a thing for camp professionals!)
-Linens and personal items like towel, washcloth, soap, shampoo, etc.
If you study and practice you will also receive the following American Red Cross Certifications:
- -Emergency Responder
- -Wilderness First Aid
-CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
You will be taught by an experienced teacher, Marcel Snow. She has been teaching this class to camp professionals for many years. She has worked as a Registered Nurse and is a trained EMT-basic. Marcel is the Site Director and Health Care Administrator at Luther Point Bible Camp.
If you have any questions please call 715-689-2347 or email Marcel@lutherpoint.org